So here’s what I’ve learned about writing a book and getting it published.
- Writing is relatively easy compared to…
- Getting Published.
Writing is not necessarily easy but getting published in today’s marketplace is a feat of extraordinary proportions. Here’s the very short version of what it takes.
One must have a Platform. A Platform is very simply a large network of people, organizations, contacts, etc. that can easily be turned into buyers. In other words, one has to have a huge network of friends that see his name and say, “I’ll buy that” because “he” wrote it. Absent that, publishers are typically not interested. It costs too much to edit, print, promote, etc. a book if a high probability of success can’t be proven before the project begins.
So what if you have the passion for a subject, ability to write compelling material, and professionals in the industry confirming that your work should be published - But NO Platform? Don’t get me wrong – I have a very small (and dear) platform of friends and acquaintances who are interested in me and the subject matter of my work - I’m not having a pity party. What I don’t have is the ability to be a shameless self-promoter or reach thousands of people interested in buying a book simply because it has my name on it. Nor would I want that. I wish my name to never be the draw for the sale of a book. I want to write clearly Biblical challenges that help the Body of Christ to live victoriously in a fallen world – it’s that simple.
The encouragement I've received from many Christian leaders is that this book NEEDS TO BE PUBLISHED - it will truly help thousands of Christians that have been hurt by fellow believers. With that compelling encouragement I have decided to take another swing at getting the book to print. I have landed on a way forward that I would like you to consider helping me with. I have a Publisher willing to meet me two thirds of the way (*see his comments below, reprinted with his permission). He will invest $10,000.00 if I will invest $5000.00. I don’t have $5000.00, nor do I have 5000 friends with $1 each. But I do have you and potentially your friends. And I also have the finished manuscript, which I will GIVE YOU in PDF form for any donation amount. My hope is that you will read it, consider it worthy of publishing in book form, and tell your friends about it.
USE THE "DONATE" LINK ABOVE. !!IMPORTANT!! - ONCE YOU'VE DONATED YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY TAKEN TO THE SITE TO DOWNLOAD THE PDF. IN THE EVENT THAT THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN PLEASE EMAIL CHURCHONENOW@GMAIL.COM AND WE WILL EMAIL THE LINK TO YOU. Thank you in advance for your support!
Dear Mr Turner,
I have personally read your MS with much interest. Apart from a couple of minor details, more matters of presentation, I must say that you have done an excellent job with a difficult subject. Obviously it will have critics, we must disarm as far as possible. We will not win everybody. We must, and I believe you do, make the case solidly from God's Word.
This is a work our publishing house would be delighted to engage with. If published, we would trust that under God, it would have opportunity to help take the heat out of many an argument and have us focus on other equally valid and important truths.
Should you feel comfortable to move forward, I will have any questions addressed, either by myself or directly by the person responsible.
Sam Lowry PUBLISHER
Ambassador International (800) 209-8570
WHAT YOU WILL FIND IN AUTOIMMUNE SPIRITUALITY - COMPELLING AND CRITICAL INFORMATION FOR EVERY CHRISTIAN AND EVERY CHURCH!
AutoImmune Spirituality: When the Church Attacks Her Own.
Overcoming and preventing the most common source of pain in many Christian lives. Healing torn relationships and restoring relational connection between brothers. The key to advancing the Gospel in a love starved world. Drawing close to Christ by caring about what He cares about.
- The two life altering things on Jesus’ mind the night before He died on the cross.
- The most powerful rebuke to the early Church and how to avoid it for yourself, your church, or your Christian ministry.
- THE EVIDENCE the Church presents to the world to prove that God loves them and sent Jesus to die for them.
- The wisdom of God about differences in the Body of Christ and how to deal with them.
- The healing power of rightly relating to believers with whom we disagree.
- The Bible passages that confront personal “truth” attacks and give instruction on how to stop them.
- The rare occasions when Christians are commanded to avoid or separate from other Christians.
- The importance of recognizing “Those who Can and Those who Can’t”.
- The Apostolic challenge to the modern Church to address what may be the greatest hindrance to our Gospel witness in the world.
- The dividing line between Christian and Non-Christian – what Christians must agree on. Or, What makes us Christian.